Earlier this month eBay confirmed that Magento Go, their hosted platform for ecommerce sites, will be shutting down in February 2015.
Earlier this month eBay confirmed that Magento Go, their hosted platform for ecommerce sites, will be shutting down in February 2015. All Magento Go customers have until then to move both host and system – making it difficult for many businesses to figure out a way forward.
Using proprietary hosted solutions for your business may have offered a cheaper alternative when setting up, but compare this with the time invested in managing and setting up your product catalogue, descriptions and images. In addition, knock-on effects on customer retention and search engine indexing mean that if you are a Magento Go customer, you need to ensure that you have a good migration strategy in place – and ideally well before the Christmas shopping period begins.
We can help you to migrate from Magento Go to the Community Edition of Magento, which has the following benefits:
- It can be made to look similar to your existing site, and utilise the similar Magento tools for filtering/navigation – meaning a smoother transition for your users
- It has a similar administration interface (backend) – meaning a smoother transition for your staff
- It is a standalone installation – we’ll help configure the hosting, meaning that you don’t end up in the same position by using the recommended, hosted, Bigcommerce solution
If you’re looking for a way forward for your business, talk to us to find out how we can help. We’ll work with you to:
- Understand your business to make sure that you migrate to an environment that will provide what you need
- Set up a new secure hosting environment for your site – under your control, but with our support
- Migrate all your Customers, Products and Orders – and any other important data – across to your new site
- Move your design across to the new solution – we can even make it responsive and mobile friendly on the way!
- Make sure you don’t lose any hard earned SEO value during the transition to your new site
- Ensure that you have all the control you need to keep running your day to day business during the process and in the future
And most importantly we’ll make sure that you end up somewhere where you don’t need to worry about losing support again. Magento Community Edition is a mature, stable and widely supported product which means you’ll have the flexibility of choosing who to work with in the future, and you’ll never be stuck in a hosted corner again.
Get in touch if you’d like to find out more about how we can help – call us on 01733 394610